• Italian Ministries – IM
The promoter of Congresso MISSIONE is Italian Ministries – IM, is an Italian missional network founded in the 90s that now has more than 130 members (missionaries) located throughout the country. IM is committed to promoting and supporting the mission in and from Italy. IM is a platform of service for its members by providing support in pastoral and in administrative dealings. Within its organizational structure, there is also the Gruppo Missionario Italiano (GMI) and the social action ministry Azione which is active in Italy – NONSEISOLO and beyond.
Congresso MISSIONE is coordinated by an Executive Committee:
– Jonathan Gilmore, general coordinator
– Ester Montefalcone (with Andrea Crocivera), programme
– Gian Luca Derudas (with Giuseppe Palermo), logistic
– Antonio Calò, administration
Also with the collaboration of:
– (Giuseppe Palermo and Marco Pasquale), graphics and communication
• Local Committee
– Francesco Schiano – Danilo Bozza – Dario Caracciolo – Alessandro Iovino
– Andrea Crocivera – Jonathan Gilmore
– Rino Sciaraffa – Debora Vaccaro – Andrea Lippuner – Cristiano De Chirico – Giacomo Malvezzi – Giuseppe Palermo
• The history of Congresso MISSIONE
Italian Ministries regularly organizes a national mission congress to inform, challenge and to train the Church in Italy to a vision for mission.
– The sixth MISSIONE 2016 – “The Passion of God for the Mission” (June 2016) took place in collaboration with other Christian organizations (over 1500 participants). In parallel with the Congress, mini-conferences were held, managed by partner organizations. Main speaker: John Piper founder of the ministry Desiring God (USA).
– The fifth congress: MISSIONE 2014 – “The Mission in the 21st Century” (November 2014) was organized with the partnership of numerous other Christian ministries (there were over 400 congress participants). Simultaneously there were several other mini-conferences organised by partner ministries. Main speakers: Lindsay Brown (International Director of the Lausanne Movement) and David Robertson (Scotland).
– The fourth congress: MISSIONE 2012 – “Hope in a world in crisis” (November 2012) with an emphasis on the missionary mandate of the church in the world. The Congress was organised with WEC Italia and over ministries (there were over 400 participants). There were 4 ‘Parallel Tracks’ programmes. Main speaker: Patrick Johnstone (Great Britain).
– The third congress: MISSIONE 2010 – “Mission, more than an easy stroll…” (September 2010) underlining the cost of mission (over 250 participants). There were 7 parallel programmes presented each by a different organisation. Main speaker: Ajith Fernando (Sri Lanka).
– The second congress: MISSIONE 2008 – “From the ends of the earth …” (September 2008) with a strong emphasis on the great opportunity and missionary responsibility for the Italian church facing an increasingly multi-ethnic society (over 300 participants). Main speaker: Jay Smith (UK).
– The first congress: MISSIONE 2006 – “Beyond the borders …” (September 2006) enjoyed the presence of different speakers, with the special participation of the of George Verwer (founder of Operation Mobilization). There were more than 300 participant at this first congress.